Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hashish in the Himalayas

Family business, or rather, village business in Malana, a hard-to-reach village in Himachal Pradesh.



This guy and his friends smoked hashish, or 'charas,' from 7 a.m. till 2 a.m. the next day. Every day.

This priest, the priest of the Krishna Temple in Naggar, stole my pen. He plucked it from my collar and told me, 'You are a rich man. Let's trade." and handed me this kind of crappy pen. So then I kicked his ass. Just kidding. I told his daughter that the person who gave me that pen is very special to me, and that I hoped he would give it back. He did.











Boys playing cricket in Naggar, just a day's trek from Malana. Cannabis grows everywhere (including within about 10 feet of the kid with the bat) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment